Cruise West starts cruises on the Mississippi River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruise West starts cruises on the Mississippi River

Cruise West is offering cruises on the Mississippi river more in 2011 on the SPIRIT OF AMERICA (former Spirit of Glacier Bay).

Four dates are listed for New Orleans to Memphis with stops in Oak Alley, St. Francisville, Natchez, Vicksburg and Helena (does that itinerary sound familiar?). Click on here and you can even see three familiar boats.

Four date are listed for Memphis to Nashville with stops in New Madrid, Paducah, Smithland, Dover and Clarksville (sounds pretty familiar too).

All cruise are late March til early May. Last cruise is listed for May 7th. Anyone wanting to make me a birthday present? Prices range from $3499 to $5099.

Carmen

Carmen,

I wonder which former SPIRIT OF GLACIER BAY they are talking about renaming the SPIRIT OF AMERICA? There was a retired boat Cruise West owned back in the day which was a Blount-Built boat and currently they have a boat that used to be the NANTUCKET CLIPPER (Jeffboat built int he early 1980's)...if it is the old Clipper, I can imagine she'd handle well on the rivers! she's been there before!

Travis

Comment

SPIRIT OF '98

Is the SPIRIT of '98 one of the former CAPE boats of the DQ Co.?

Comment

Originally posted by Judy Patsch View Post
        Is the SPIRIT of '98 one of the former CAPE boats of the DQ Co.?
        The quick answer is no. She was built in 1984 as the PILGRIM BELLE and based out of Haddom, Conn.

Comment

Judy,

The last thing I´ve heard about the Cape boats was that they are going to Haiti as floating hotels for the earthquake relief. But no confirmation on that. Seems like the floating condo idea never got togehter.

Travis,

The Spirit of Glacier Bay ran aground in Alaska on July 7th, 2008 missing the rest of the season. She was refurbished for the 2009 season. The Spirit of Glacier Bay used to be the Spirit of Nantucket and was renamed on May 2nd, 2008. She was built in 1984 and aquired by Cruise West in 2006.

Carmen

Comment

I just found this article about the ships in Haiti. The SEA VOYAGER aka "Love Boat" is the CAPE MAY LIGHT. Her charter ended May 11th.

Carmen

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
            Working...
            X