Loss of another Steamboater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loss of another Steamboater

I am sorry to bear the sad news that we have lost yet another steamboater. Yesterday afternoon, (6/12/10), I received a call from Capt. Buddy Muirhead informing me that Miss Alice had passed. It was very sudden with a massive heart attack and is believed that she did not suffer any pain. As many of you remember, Miss Alice was always at Capt. Buddy's side aboard the MQ and in their everyday life. When I get more details on the funeral I will post again.

Toots

This is sad news, indeed, Toots, and thank you for letting the steamboatin' world know of the loss of Miss Alice. She was always a bright ray of sunshine aboard the boat and always wanted to know how the family was doing. A most charming soul who will be remembered for her kind and gentle ways. Our sincere sympathy goes out to Captain Buddy and family. Jazzou and Diane

Comment

Thank you for passing this information on, Toots. I am so sorry to hear of her loss. She was a wonderful person who was always there with a smile and positive outlook. Miss Alice was loved by many people, crew and passengers alike. I remember her talling me the story of researching the outfit she hand-made for Captain Buddy to go with his restored motorcycle (I believe it was an AutoCar). She was very proud of it and showed pictures of him wearing it aboard the vehicle.

She will be missed by many. Please pass on to Captain Buddy and his family my most sincere condolences and sympathy.

Travis

Comment

Our deepest sympathy to Capt. Buddy for his loss. Miss Alice will be in our prayers! She┬┤ll be definitely missed by many of us!

Carmen

Comment

ROLLER FUNERAL HOMES CORPORATE OFFICE - LITTLE ROCK, AR

Comment

Miss Alice

There's a big jigsaw puzzle in heaven being worked on right now. On the DQ you could almost always find Miss Alice working on a jigsaw puzzle in the BB Lounge. She was certainly a valuable and gracious member of the steamboating family. My thoughts are with Capt. Buddy and family during this time of a sudden and great loss.

Comment

Thank you Pete for posting the Funeral Home info. What a wonderful way to see her obituary, sign the guest book, and see the short video memorial to her life. I hope everyone goes to that site and takes advantage of getting all the info in one place.

Toots

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about Miss Alice. I remember her well. She was a fine southern lady and they were such a sweet couple. I had the great pleasure of dining with them at the Captain's dinner on my first cruise on the MQ. She will be missed and I wish the best to Captain Buddy - a wonderful man.

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
                Working...
                X