Where Are They Now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where Are They Now?

From time to time I think back to the many wonderful entertainers that were on the various boats on the rivers and wonder where are they now and what are they doing. Maybe some of you have updates on some of the following talented and interesting individuals: Phil Westbrook; Connie Jones; Ed Wise; Walter Cross; Tony Schwartz; Jeff Chech; Tom Kasperek; Bo Ayars, Bill Wiemuth and Laura (Sable); Glenn (Mr. Coronet), Eric Hadley.

There are others I could have named, but I kind of know about them. Maybe some of you could name other people for this list as well providing some answers to the question. Inquiring minds want to know.

Connie Jones

Just saw Connie Jones in New Orleans at the French Quarter Festival. He leads a group of All Stars which always open the Festival in Jackson Square. He also played in Banu Gibson's band the next set. He also played on the NATCHEZ in a band covering while the Dukes were out of town.

Comment

Hi Lance - Phil Westbrook is alive and well and living in Washington state and I'll bet Paul Penta will be able to tell you where he's playing these days. I talk to Connie every few weeks as both he and I try to keep up with the Jones'es - he's alive and well and living and playing in New Orleans as Judy mentioned, Ed Wise is alive and well and living in Philadelphia and plays all over the place, Walter Kross is alive and well and living in North Carolina and is currently touring with the Glenn Miller Band, Tony Schwartz is alive and well and living in Oklahoma City and probably playing any piano he can get his hands on, Jeff Czech is alive and well and living and playing in New York City, Tom Kasperek is alive and well and living in Lackawanna (I think), New York with his lovely Lorrie Radford (DQ bartender), Bill and Laura are alive and well and got married last summer and, after they finished performing on the Delta Queen last July, have been touring all over and entertaining - most recently in Ireland, where they were stranded by the Iceland volcano eruption, Eric Hadley is alive and well and with Windstar (I think) - maybe someone can fill in more about folks and anyone I've left out. The beat goes on. Hi to Becky!

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzou Jones View Post
        Hi Lance - Phil Westbrook is alive and well and living in Washington state and I'll bet Paul Penta will be able to tell you where he's playing these days.
        Hi Lance.

Phil is indeed in Washington state, happily being a husband, father and grandpa.

Paul

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
        Working...
        X