Steamboat Models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steamboat Models

The Monroe County River Museum is searching for models to display. We are not looking to buy or permanently keep them. At this time we are asking anyone who might have a "surplus" of models to LOAN them to us for a period of time.

We have loan forms available for those wishing to loan models or any other items for a period of time. The Museum is currently requesting a loan on models for one to two years, depending on the owner's wishes. The form takes only a few minutes to fill out. The model(s) will be displayed with artifacts and a complete history of the boat next to it.

If there is anyone out there who could help us, please do. We currently have 3 models, with a 4th on the way. I have loaned three of my models to the museum: a 5ft model of Eisenbarth and Henderson's "Temple of Amusement" showboat model by my late uncle Bob Thomas. A model of the Delta Queen as well as one of the Robert E. Lee. A 48in model of the H.K. Bedford is also being loaned to us.

Please contact us if you can help us in this search. Our building, artifacts, and materials are covered by a comprehensive insurance policy. We hope this will attract people who wish to loan or donate items to us. Proof of this is provided when requested. Don't hesitate to ask any questions!

Taylor Abbott 1-740-391-6304 or mcrivermuseum@yahoo.com

Captain Tate's Models

Taylor ,
    You may consider contacting the good folks at the Natchez , Under The Hill Bar , where a few of Captain Howard Tate's steamboat models are on display . When I was in Natchez a few days ago I had a conversation with Andre Jr. ( the son of the previous owner of the bar , Andre Sr. whom is now deceased ) whom showed me a few of Capt. Tate's steamboat models and also a framed plaque and picture of Capt. Tate . Andre also went on to tell me that his Dad told him that the reason Capt. Tate would build these steamboat models was to cover the " Loans " that Andre would loan him when Capt. Tate would get cleaned out by the crew on the Delta Queen when he would loose to the crew . Imagine that ! I always thought that it was Capt. Tate that cleaned out the crew !!
    Smooth Sailing !
    Ted Davisson

Originally posted by Taylor Abbott View Post
    The Monroe County River Museum is searching for models to display. We are not looking to buy or permanently keep them. At this time we are asking anyone who might have a "surplus" of models to LOAN them to us for a period of time.

We have loan forms available for those wishing to loan models or any other items for a period of time. The Museum is currently requesting a loan on models for one to two years, depending on the owner's wishes. The form takes only a few minutes to fill out. The model(s) will be displayed with artifacts and a complete history of the boat next to it.

If there is anyone out there who could help us, please do. We currently have 3 models, with a 4th on the way. I have loaned three of my models to the museum: a 5ft model of Eisenbarth and Henderson's "Temple of Amusement" showboat model by my late uncle Bob Thomas. A model of the Delta Queen as well as one of the Robert E. Lee. A 48in model of the H.K. Bedford is also being loaned to us.

Please contact us if you can help us in this search. Our building, artifacts, and materials are covered by a comprehensive insurance policy. We hope this will attract people who wish to loan or donate items to us. Proof of this is provided when requested. Don't hesitate to ask any questions!

Taylor Abbott 1-740-391-6304 or mcrivermuseum@yahoo.com
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Ted. I appreciate it. We are looking high and low. What few that are out there, no one dares to part with. Understandable of course. I have sent an email to the saloon asking them to contact me about their models. I hope to receive more tips on where to find them on here.

We are also going to do intermuseum loans with other museums. It works out nice in that we can work together and trade items for display while benefitting from each. In February we plan to meet with Jeff Spear at the Ohio River Museum in Marietta, OH. It's only 45 minutes south of Clarington which makes it a great place to receive help as well.

Keep us posted, we appreciate any hints and tips we can get!

Thanks a million,

Taylor

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
      Working...
      X