Cruisin' the KY River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruisin' the KY River

Not a steamboat but a pretty good video of some good ol' boys on the KY River....

The Moron Brothers
    YouTube - The Moron Brothers

-Jim Herron

I've waited four days for a response to Jim Herrons post. I guess most out there just don't understand. Now that is really living !!. It just doesn't get much better than that. Cap'n Walnut must be on a vacation.

Comment

I watched it after work (where there is a high speed connection, not #@$#@!! dial-up like I have at home), very nostalgic, I think these guys have it right! 'cept they need a boiler and a paddlewheel! What a kick! Ya 'spose they ever talked someone into white-washing a fence?
      S'
      David D.

Comment

Bill: Sorry to disappoint you! Not on vacation, just that I was not logged in for some reason. Had to get Franz to restore my password...cut off without a scent! Anyway, back on now. I've been on the Kentucky River several times with MISSIE, some of you were with me. But we did not run into the boat in question. Rumor control sez they got busted by the EPA for no P trap in their one-holer and that they had further trouble with the authorities due to a busted G string...din't say whether it was on their banjo or not...now, that's nuthin' to fiddle around with in the daylight at least! Anyway, Bill, mebbe we can turn-em up on the creek next spring. Meanwhile, MISS DEMEANOR (MISSIE) and MISS FORTUNE (MISSIETOO) are snoozing gently in the barn out back. Like some on this board, they got their boiler full of anti-freeze awaitin' palmier daze! Cap'n Walnut.

Comment

Sure would like to know how one could acquire a CD of them gettin on it with those banjos......seems like some pretty good toe tap'n music.

Comment

Jim: With all the voters we got in this country, you'd think that there would be more than one website with Moron Brothers on it but, not so. So boot up the Moron Brothers website and get a snoot-full...seems like they already have! Their cup runneth over! Cap'n Walnut.

Comment

Well Cap'n Walnut you are spot on....never thought of asking the great computer in the sky what it knew about the duo.......and I see it knows a lot! Thanks for the info. Got to sneak up on this technology business slowly! Iffin those banjo picken cats built that shanty boat they also must be pretty good with a hammer and saw.

Did our venerable Alan Bates draw up the plans and do the calculations for the gross and net tonnage? What about stability calculations?

Comment

Jim the story I heard was that they contacted Bates but were scared off by the Mercedes. They did consult the head engineer up at the Wild Turkey distillery up above Lock #5. They said the comments received raised the gross figure way up, however the net was small as can be seen in the fishing scenes. As to stability it hasn't turned over yet or sunk. It shows how simple it is when the feds are not involved.

Comment

Jim: Them fellers is a bit too hi-hat fer me. Upscale; about an H sharp I'd say. Here on Gunpowder Road we're inta stuff like the 1812 Ovature...lotsa cannons 'n such. Er, ah, mebbe the Light Cavalry Ovature or What's that there thing what that I-talian fella done rote...Guillium Tell er sumpin. As to Alan, I hope that he takes that one-wholler into consideration and the change in the center of bouyance during, ah...Think its about time fer me to get offa here. Cap'n Walnut on the good ship lollipop with Gilly and Sully.

Comment

From the bow en it doesn't appear to have much open deck ( no less a rail of so high with cross members so far apart) but I suspect our notable Alp horn player could stand in the cabin with the bell of the horn on the forward end of the deck and give passing signals or maybe even the Guillium-Tell Overture while sitting on a Tell City Chair.

Comment

Can't do it. Taking a wooden alphorn aboard would be an unacceptable fire risk. The Coast Guard would certainly lift their certificate and she'd have to move to Chattanooga..

Comment

Cap.,

I hate it when that happens!

Travis

Comment

Well, maybe not, that depends if she has a union crew or not.

Comment

That solves the problem because all three of them fellers claim to have union suits

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
                            Working...
                            X