Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Queen of the West trips announced

Hi All,
    I just got an email from American Cruise Lines announcing cruises on the Colombia and Snake rivers in 2010 on board the Queen of the West, the only operating overnight sternwheeler in North America, according to the release.
    Here's the trip info:
    American Cruise Lines Small Ship Destinations
    Departure dates are:
    Aug: 7, 14, 21, 28
    Sept: 4, 11, 18, 25
    Oct: 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
    and the lowest published room rate (per person) for these 8 day, 7 night is
    (drum roll, please)
    $3,395

Does ACL do discounts too? I would hope so! $485 a night per person. . .. Ouch! Plus air fare. . .(not so much for me, being on the "left" coast, but y'all from back there. . . .)

Not to throw water on this, but I was getting excited until I read further. . .
    BUT!! so much for the rumor of her going to the Mississippi!
    S'
    David D.

For the money, I recommend a night, or two, on the DELTA QUEEN, and if a body's itching for a boat ride, have Cap'n Harry give em a ride on the water taxi on the cold, swift Tennessee River. After a couple of hours riding on the river and feeling like they've gone five-hundred miles, they'll be proud to be back aboard the QUEEN and warming up to a toddy in the cozy Texas Lounge.

Not only will it be fun to back aboard Her Nibs, but every "cruise" will contribute to her safe-keeping while awaiting the day she returns to overnights spent traveling from place to place.

Comment

With ACL operating the Queen of the West now, let's hope this is just the beginning of a new era of overnight river travel on America's inland waterways!

Comment

Lets hope this new era will include some steam!

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Johnson View Post
          Lets hope this new era will include some steam!
          I totally understand the sentiment, Phil, but at the moment I just hope this new era will include some boats!

:O)

Paul

Comment

OR occasionally take some of us "non-paying stowaways" or "professional volunteers" out for a little spin on her nibs every now and then. All perfectly legal. After which, of course, the obligatory toddy in the Texas lounge. I really couldn't think of a better Christmas present. I'm looking for an "excuse" to go to Chattanooga.

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
            Working...
            X