Manzel Oiler & Feed Injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manzel Oiler & Feed Injectors

First item on the ticket is I need my Manzel model 25 lubricators rebuilt, the ratchet assemble is stripped where the rod screws into it for a seal to the external of the housing and it's leaking slightly. I didn't know if there were companies anyone have in mind that they'd suggest to rebuilt these three units.

The second item is I was wondering on the reliability of boiler feed injectors, Penberthy, Buffalo, etc. I am trying to find a boiler makeup water feed system that won't require our electric feed water pumps to be kicking on and off if I could have just a steady inflow of water. We have a steam Union duplex feed water pump, however the previous operators of the CBelle didn't believe in the proper layup of the vessel and it cracked the cylinder, they then tried to weld it together further destroying it, needless to say to have Union repair the pump it came in at $30,000 and a new unit of the same size and capability was at $60,000. So I imagined a feed injector could be a less expensive option, however I have to imagine there are many drawbacks to the units, which is why I am asking for your opinion.

Now I would prefer to rebuild the units I have, but if it comes down to it I'd also like to know of what is on the market now as far as replacements for the Manzel oilers

Comment

Mathew: The jury is still out on the injector as far as my experience goes (not much), but I know where a duplex pump of some size might be had at a reasonable price but it may be too big...it is the same size as the one in the BOL boiler room, but I don't have the dimensions handy. I think it is a McGowan from Cincinnati. If interested I can supply details. Cap'n Walnut.

Comment

Matthew: Contact Kenny Howe, he may have just the duplex pump you need. Whether or not he'll part with it is another matter, but if you get on your knees and beg, you just might convince him.

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
        Working...
        X