Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just A Few " River Pictures "

Greetings From New Orleans ,
    As they say in the newspaper business , " Its been a slow news day " , it also appears that its been rather slow on this particular web site as well . So , in the interest of generating a little more interest I am offering up a few
    River Pictures . Hope you enjoy !
    Smooth Sailing !
    Ted Davisson
    Attached Files

Just A Few More " River Pictures "

Greetings Again From New Orleans ,
    Just a few more River Pictures !
    Smooth Sailing !
    Ted Davisson

Originally posted by Ted Davisson View Post
    As they say in the newspaper business , " Its been a slow news day " , it also appears that its been rather slow on this particular web site as well . So , in the interest of generating a little more interest I am offering up a few
    River Pictures . Hope you enjoy !
    Smooth Sailing !
    Ted Davisson
    Attached Files

Comment

Just A Few More " River Pictures "

Just a few more River Pictures .
      Smooth Sailing !
      Ted Davisson

Greetings Again From New Orleans ,
      Smooth Sailing !
      Ted Davisson
      Attached Files

Comment

Great pics, Ted! A question for you, that I have often wondered about: How and where did the term "stemwinder" come about? For those who may not have heard the term, a stemwinder is a ship that has all her superstructure stacked aft. Almost all cargo ships now are stemwinders. Where did the term come from?

Comment

Talk about an office with a view, I wonder if Capt. Ted and Capt. Bob really consider what they do as "going to WORK" or is that just what they tell people to justify having the best jobs in the world?

Comment

Fred: SSHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Great Question !

Capt. Bob ,
              First of all thanks for the complements on the pictures , hope you and others enjoyed them as much as I did taking them . Secondly , over the coures of 30years of pilotiing ships I have heard a number of both varried and different explanations and definations of the term , " Stemwinder " . One such possible defination or explanation of the term is that its a take off of stern winder , meaning that both the " House " or superstructure and the engine room are both located near or at the stern of the vessel . Hope this may be of some help to you and thanks again for your interest !
              Smooth Sailing !
              Ted Davisson

Originally posted by Bob Reynolds View Post
              Great pics, Ted! A question for you, that I have often wondered about: How and where did the term "stemwinder" come about? For those who may not have heard the term, a stemwinder is a ship that has all her superstructure stacked aft. Almost all cargo ships now are stemwinders. Where did the term come from?
              Attached Files

Comment

Great Photos, Ted! Seeing the one of the Creole Queen prompts me to ask if you know how she is doing these days, relative to paying customers. I heard, sometime in the past ,that she was for sale.

Comment

The M/V Creole Queen

John ,
                  First of all , Thanks , for the kind words concerning the River Pictures I have been posting and I hope both you and all have enjoyed them as much as I do taking them .
                  Secondly , its my understanding that the M/V Creole Queen is literally holding their head above water and that she is being operated on some what of a limited basis . I also had heard rumors that the M/V Creole Queen was on the block at one time but for better or worst she is still here in the port of New Orleans and is operating . Time will tell !
                  Smooth Sailing !
                  Ted Davisson

Originally posted by John Fryant View Post
                  Great Photos, Ted! Seeing the one of the Creole Queen prompts me to ask if you know how she is doing these days, relative to paying customers. I heard, sometime in the past ,that she was for sale.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Just Another Day At The Office !

Capt. Fred ,
                    Thanks for letting the whole world in on our little secret !! Its nothing more than just another day at the office ! Right ?? Wink Wink !!
                    Smooth Sailing !
                    Ted Davisson

Originally posted by Fred Carmichael View Post
                    Talk about an office with a view, I wonder if Capt. Ted and Capt. Bob really consider what they do as "going to WORK" or is that just what they tell people to justify having the best jobs in the world?
                    Attached Files

Comment

An " Old TImer " !

Capt. Bob ,
                      Just a picture of an " Old Timer " , the Steamship , " Wilson " , that just happens to be not only an American Flagged ship , but one that is steam powered as well . What else that is unique about this vessel is the fact that she has what we refer to as a " Mid Ship House " , that you very seldom see anymore . Needless to say there are not many of these still floating around !
                      Smooth Sailing !
                      Ted Davisson

Originally posted by Bob Reynolds View Post
                      Attached Files

Comment

Just A Few More River Pictures !

Smooth Sailing !
                        Ted Davisson

John ,
                        First of all , Thanks , for the kind words concerning the River Pictures I have been posting and I hope both you and all have enjoyed them as much as I do taking them .
                        Secondly , its my understanding that the M/V Creole Queen is literally holding their head above water and that she is being operated on some what of a limited basis . I also had heard rumors that the M/V Creole Queen was on the block at one time but for better or worst she is still here in the port of New Orleans and is operating . Time will tell !
                        Smooth Sailing !
                        Ted Davisson
                        Attached Files

Comment

Keep 'em rollin' Cap...Cap'n Walnut

Comment

Tom , Thanks for the kind words and .......................

Tom , thanks for the kind words and I will keep posting them as long as there is interest and some one that visits this web site would care to see them .
                            Thank You !
                            Ted Davisson

Originally posted by Tom Schiffer View Post
                            Keep 'em rollin' Cap...Cap'n Walnut
                            Attached Files

Comment

Just A Few More River Pictures !

Hope You Enjoy !
                              Smooth Sailing !
                              Ted Davisson

Tom , thanks for the kind words and I will keep posting them as long as there is interest and some one that visits this web site would care to see them .
                              Thank You !
                              Ted Davisson
                              Attached Files

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
                              Working...
                              X