No announcement yet.

Celebrities on steamboats:Dolly on NATCHEZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry no pix today, Cap, but I was out testing for a job (census taker 1 2 4 3 5 ..) and laying in supplies for the ice storm we are supposed to get tonight. Friday should be a better day, maybe if we have power!

Comment

Power, but no pix

Sorry Capn W, but no Dolly pix yet. We got lucky and got snow and ice, not just pure ice, so power is still on, but I've got to get outside and dig through that mess before attacking this inside pilefile...patience is a virtue, you know!

Comment

Wow its great to hear so many people feel the same way about not letting the stories die because after the 97 reunion cruise I got that bug about wanted to write a book too. Travis and I have actually discussed it recently. Sounds to me like some die hard steamboaters need to get together for this. Then lately as I have become re-aquainted its really bugging me. Seriously folks somehow, somewhere we need to get together for this preservation of precious history!

Comment

Originally posted by mel hartsough View Post
          Seriously folks somehow, somewhere we need to get together for this preservation of precious history!

Don't worry, Mel. Every time you make a posting here, you are helping to preserve some of that, "precious history!" Let's all keep up the good work.

Comment

Cap'n Walnut: While rooting in a "dusty box" last night for something else, the attached picture of Miss Dolly surfaced and here it is -- by special request, just for YOU! Judy took this photo aboard the Str. NATCHEZ and Mate Don Houghten now is Captain Don.
            Attached Files

Comment

Ooooooooeeeeeeeee~! An alla them there pilot house winders wuz still intact, too. Reckon how it was that her sound engineers went and got the echo outta her lapel mike?? Had their work cut out for them, they did, methinks~! Thanks, Keith...a pitcher is worth a thousand words or so, but I'm near speechless~! That's a down-load and save... Cap'n Walnut.

Comment

Goodness: I almost fergot my manners and thanked Miss Judy, who snapped the pitcher. Due to the side of Miss Dolly she photographed, I am reminded of the old expression "Hooray for our side"...which may have had its start in Lady Godiva's day. Anyway, my thanks not only to Keith but to Miss Judy, and mebbe Miss Judy's cat! Cap'n Walnut

Comment

Capt. Walnut: As a steamboat museum curator it brings me JOY when I am able to FIND a photo or to provide information being sought. You are most welcome and I am so glad you are enjoying that picture which Judy snapped in the pilothouse of the Str. NATCHEZ long ago!

And, yes, my orange tabby cat Casey was there on the scene, "pawing" through the photos I had dumped out of that big box!

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
                  Working...
                  X