No announcement yet.

A New Program?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For real fun and jollity, try self employment. Some of the advantages include:

You can work as many hours per day or week as you like up to 24/168.
    You get to pay BOTH sides of social security contributions.
    You can plan and pay for your retirement.
    You can provide your very own health insurance.
    You get to enjoy bookkeeping, billing AND collection.
    You can take a vacation whenever you find time.
    You get to make all the reports and returns to city, county, state and federal agencies.
    You are allowed to have more others live off your bounty than you can afford.

Try it. You may like it!

Comment

Alan,
      You forgot one important one:
      You can work half-days if you want to, and YOU get to decide which 12 hours it'll be!
      S'
      David Dewey
      3rd generation self-employed, now a working stiff (hard transistion to do, after 4 years still not certain I can do it!).

Comment

Can-Do Daze

I was self-employeed (Recycling) for eleven years, but renewed my boat license twice during those times. We struggled for most of those years and sold out after the markets eventually changed and times got better, and so my buyer eventually got rich (as he well deserved). If I had to do it all over again, I would have kept my business, not for the money, but for having something my sons could take over and run with.

During the tough times, when I was having a root canal done, the dentist asked if I was Okay, and I said, "Doc, this is the first relaxation I've had in years."

There's nothing better than working for yourself... at least from looking back at it.

Comment

The other wonderful thing is all the bundles of money you get to keep after the bills, salaries, taxes, fees, continuing ed, rent, utilities, professional assoc. dues, insurance, consultant's fees, accountant etc., etc. are paid first. Been there, done that; retired. (Semi, I still got to eat.) Loved it while it lasted.

Comment

GEE ,,Alan,,I really don't,,...

GEE ;; ALAN,,,I ReaLLy don't want to get started on self employment,, .. BUT,:-(

MORECRAFT MFG. has been in business scents 1946 ,started by my Father and Uncle,,,and has built everything from shipping pallets,to metal furniture, and most recently" Steam CaLLiopes ",,,and with economics the way thay are now,,I'm paying to keep my door open ,,..As my Father use to tell me ,,
            Quote,, B.D. Morecraft
            ""IF IT WAS SO EASY, EVERYBODY WOULD BE DOING IT""
            Heres to another 62 yrs ,,,:)
            Dave Morecraft ,,,...
            Pres. Morecraft Mfg.Co.

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
            Working...
            X