Great pictures!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great pictures!

In case anyone misses the postings that are down a ways in a previous posting, two steamboaters - Mel Hartsough and Travis Vasconcelos - have recently posted vintage photos on their respective member pages here on .org. Thought I'd start this new thread just so nobody misses seeing the great pictures. What a trip down memory lane. I join the many who have been enjoying these in thanking both of you guys for going to the effort to post your pics. Mel - great to hear from and about you after all these years! Travis - my favorite one you posted is the one of you at the DQ calliope keyboard in 1978. Where's the paper bag? Also, I think I can identify the passenger sitting in the background of the pic of Kathy, James, you and Denise. It's Caryl Gaines, who made many, many trips on both the MQ and DQ.

Jazzou,

Isn't it great to have all these pictures popping up lately? Having a trip down memory lane is how we will now keep the dreams alive till we get the boats back up and running again!

Now I have to find a few of the other old ones to post on here! I have tons of them...really!

The paper bag and it's hidden cassette recorder are on the starboard Una Fon box most likely. I used to put it there behind the planters so I wouldn't pick up voices in my recordings. Yes, there WAS method to my madness!

I got some great recordings (well based on the media I was using and the time frame I recorded it in) back in those days. Someday I will convert it all over to digital for preservation. Somewhere I have a recording of you playing piano and Cindy Chengery singing the song "On The Mississippi Queen" back in the Paddlewheel Bar...this was I think 1978 or 1979? It is just an excerpt...not the whole song. If I find that I will get it to you!

~Travis~

Comment

Hey Jazzou not sure if you'd remember me. Posting the pics was fun and easy as well as being an immense pleasure to be able to share them. Thanks to all that are able to appreciate them.

Comment

Hey Mel, how could I forget a cool guy like you? In fact, I just talked to Cindy Chengery and Phyllis Dale, who are on the American Queen down at Oak Alley, and they were looking at the pictures. What memories. Keep in touch. jazzou@aol.com

Comment

Mel, I just got tied off in the fleet above Luling Bridge, and this was the first time I'd been able to look at the pix -- they are great! So many memories from a time that was a little bit more laid back. I think, though, that about halfway through your picture of you and "Dick Weber" taken on the stdb. wing bridge of the DQ on the Ohio River was actually you and ME. Right or wrong?

Comment

Thanks Jazzou, man that warms my heart. and there are more pictures to come and a few other goodies.

Comment

Thanks Jazzou, that warms my heart. There will be more Pictures and other goodies to come. I'm just getting warmed up.

Comment

Bob I got this after your email and my reply but I know that was me in the sunglasses and pretty sure Dick Weber the other one. Oddly enough I'm not sure we got many pictures together. We were either relieving each other or something.

Comment

Jazzou there will be more pictures soon, and I've put captions to these if I hadnt already told you.

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
                  Working...
                  X