Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DQ "Last Trip" reports

Hi All,
    Figured it was time someone started this thread--and this is just a starting post. We are busy getting used to a shower where you can raise both arms at the same time--and not hit the ceiling too! --, food that doesn't automatically appear on the table, and a bed that doesn't gently rock you to sleep (that's one of the hardest ones--I laid there last night and said, "This bed is TOO quiet!"--but since I'm in Californy, that might be a good thing!), and no window looking out at the river going by--we do have a stream, but it's just not the same thing; besides the creek is dry right now.
    So, I'm starting out this thread with one of the longest run-on sentences I've ever seen!
    And I don’t really know where to begin; I haven’t had time to download my pictures yet—almost 4G of still pictures, and 10 tapes of video. I am appreciating that I don’t have camera straps on my neck now, but we are both fighting a bad cold we got onboard too. I think one of the BIG things that sticks out is all the friendships onboard, both old and new. This trip, more than any, was full of folks that all knew each other, either in person, or by this board. If it weren’t for that, I think the trip would have been unbearable; we managed to keep each other up—most of the time. I don’t think MAL really understood the nature of this trip; they tried to sell shore tours just like usual, but few takers—we either “done that already” or we just wanted to stay aboard our beloved. We traveled mostly at night, some times needlessly (never saw the confluence in the daytime, and we certainly could have on the downbound trip). Once again, I missed seeing Cave-in-Rock—maybe that’s incentive to go there again?
    Hmm, I have to close here, I’ll let others take the baton—not only am I getting too emotional, I have to go to work (Yes on Sunday). At least this part of my job still exists!
    I’ll be Baack!
    Steamcerely,
    David Dewey
    PS—We have the lame duck session coming up—let’s get the exemption passed and help SAVE THE DELTA QUEEN!

Dave;;; Looking forward to your pix,,,

Sorry ,I've not been able to upload "ITS A SIN TO TELL A LIE" ,,to youtube,,yet,,

Heres one I snapped of you on the BELLE OF LOUISVILLE back in August,,..

DAVE,,,.....
    Attached Files

Comment

Dave, nice pic. And I have teased David, he needs to see a doctor to get that black rectangular thing removed from his nose...Just to add a bit to your picture, that's fellow dot.orgers John Mullen (in the middle), Ralph Rhynders (to the right with hat) and Ginnie Rhynders (directly behind David with hat).

Comment

HA HA ,,,Thanks Bruno,, OH ,I got more,,,!!

IM just waiting to see what kind of blackmail pix David is going to post of me now,,..:)
        LOL

Comment

I fnally figured out how to make space on the hard drive, and have finished downloading my pics (over 1,200--yes I did have an "appendage" stuck on my face those 10 days!). Now to sort through and resize some of them so I can share them here. Should be posting them in the next two days--get ready, looks like I've got a few nice ones, and lotsa candid shots.
          Meantime, someone else have some to post????
          S'
          David D.

Comment

David I posted mine on my profile in an album and it automatically resizes them as I had all different size pix from over the years.

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
            Working...
            X