X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lexie Palmore
    replied
    Typical uniform

This is what I usually wear to work, although the shirt is more often a tank top. That's a Steamboat Willie t-shirt that I wore for an ABC news crew that was at Caddo Lake doing some environmental reporting. I am doing the fireman's job. No cutsy uniforms allowed.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Lexie Palmore
    replied
    More on uniforms

This is a photo taken of Jim and me for a brochure. We have NEVER worn these outfits to work.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Keith Norrington
    replied
    Lex: As I dimly recall, you encouraged me to don those nautical cut-offs that hot day -- and since you were MATE, you wuz my boss! Dave Tschiggfrie's were similar and I'll have to look for that photo. Indeed, back in those "GOOD OLD DAYS", things were MUCH different. I remember many of the crew members sunbathing and playing Frisbee (Capt. C.S. Ware always called it a "FEEZLE"!) at Kentucky Lake. On that trip we went through the Barkley Canal and cruised in the Cumberland River for a while. I also recall playing the calliope on a Sunday afternoon while we were all the way DOWN in the chamber at Kentucky Lock and all the citizenry for miles around must have been on the lockwall. Talk about LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Lexie Palmore
    replied
    Amazing! After all the gliches with posting pictures for the first time, that one came right up on my pc. I was wondering about those cut-offs with anchors myself. That was way back before things got, well, I have a word in mind, but it may not be postable, so lets just say, picky. Picky, picky, picky.

Leave a comment:

• Bruno Krause
    replied
    OK, my Mac with OS 10.3.9 reads it as a blank page..oh, the download shows as a blank page, not a jpg or jpeg file. It opens up Preview and all that but there is still nothing to look at. No big deal...maybe my Mac is just so...special...

Leave a comment:

• Bob Reynolds
    replied
    Safari downloaded to my Mac in about 5 seconds...

Leave a comment:

• inactive user 02
    replied
    I have tried to change the extension and reload it and it keeps coming up like this...Franz, can you assist?

Leave a comment:

• Pat Carr
    replied
    I clicked on it and Safari downloaded it to my Mac where it opened just fine in Preview.

Leave a comment:

• Bruno Krause
    replied
    Travis, could you re-post the picture...as a picture not a web-link...nothing to see here, folks, at least not with either Firefox or Safari! Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• inactive user 02
    replied
    In going thru some old pictures I found this one with some notables in it. I took this one after the Great steamboat racs in Louisville in 1979. The first 4 from the left are gonna be easy for most on the board...but the last two before the Watchman are hard so I will tell you who they are, Jeff Spear and in white and obscured by him is Frank X. Prudent.

~Travis~
    Last edited by inactive user 02; 02-21-2008, 08:22 PM. Reason: picture didn't load properly

Leave a comment:

• Bruno Krause
    replied
    Keith, are those cutoff Levis with little anchors on them? Impressive!...really, Lexie is right, it is cooool...and I admire the guts of the combo, cutoffs with uniform shirt and epaulets?

Great stuff...Lexie, PLEASE keep 'em coming...

Leave a comment:

• Lexie Palmore
    replied
    Maybe it was hot, but we were sooo cool. Rest of world, eat your heart out. After all, we had extremely important jobs of responsibility on the Steamer Delta Queen, a mind boggling thing.

Leave a comment:

• Judy Patsch
    replied
    Ah yes, the Grant Wood pose in Ann Zeiger's driveway as we were returning from S&D. Yes, that is Capt. Sam in that wonderful pix, he always wore a jacket not a uniform coat. Marilyn and Keith are by the hotel pool in Vicksburg on our 1983 'safari' down south. Lexie is the only person I know who packs one entire suitcase full of costumes! I have a feeling the ghost of Fred Way may appear in a pix soon from Keith's files...

Leave a comment:

• Keith Norrington
    replied
    The lady seated at far left is Mary Lou "Boots" Brasher (wife of Capt. Charles H. Brasher) and I see Pat Sullivan next to Margaret Simonton who is seated at the head of the table in front of Chief Purser Henry Mitchell -- and his "harem" of Judy, Cori, Ann and Mary. Delly Robertson is at far right. At least five of the dear people in the photo have "crossed the river" to the other side.

Leave a comment:

• Keith Norrington
    replied
    I certainly remember THAT very HOT day at Kentucky Lake. I think there's another version of this photo that includes Dave Tschiggfrie. And I'll have to look for the one of some of us "jousting" with the sounding poles at Madison!

Leave a comment:

ADVERTISEMENT
Working...
X