Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

'Pic o/ the Week'/Str. JS DELUXE.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2006, 07:55 AM

Default 'Pic o/ the Week'/Str. JS DELUXE.

Steamboating colleagues:
Thanks to Franz for featuring the Str. JS DELUXE as 'Pic o' the Week' pulled from the bottom of an old box here. It reproduced and posted better than anticipated due to the high quality of the B/W photos and paper. Inside pages of the folder are even more interesting. I gather the JS was a 'brag boat.'

I erred in sending to Franz leaving out "1920s" plural for those years--not 1920. No printed date on a number of these old folders if they were used from year to year with no major price or change in schedules. Saved boat companies money in ordering a new print run each season. Alan Bates took a gander and opines those well turned out passengers are obviously models posed for the 'pitcher man.' Generally, in that era, folks tended to dress up a tad better for the big excursion and that lasted down in my memory to the early/mid 1950s on the AVALON--especially if it was a Sunday.

Glad Franz posted the JS as I know so little of boats out that way and a change in geographical features is a breath of fresh air. From time-to-time I'll scan other classic folders/brochures for Franz to consider. 'Look this way, smile and say cheeeeese.'

Cheers,
R. Dale Flick