Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

Painted or Not Painted...That's the Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2017, 08:22 AM

At this point I will unabashedly admit I am in way over my head. An apology to Jim R for my misspelling of his name in an earlier post.

We know there are real live steam engineers both steamboat, railroad & stationary, out there who have access to this forum: so please stand up and put us on a path of knowledge.

Both the Str Admiral & Str President had large wooden "pry bars" hanging up in the engine room to use should a wheel get hung up on "dead center"

I remember seeing one such pry bar on the big Sidewheel Ferry Eureka in the Maritime Museum in San Francisco some years back.

Our engineers out there need to tell us where about the balance buckets would have been placed within the 90 degree or 270 degree area between crank position.