Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

Live from just a few blocks from the levee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2017, 12:21 AM

Default Live from just a few blocks from the levee

After 7 months I am finally back in New Orleans. I am on a protruding 4x6 balcony on the third floor of LeRichelieu, on the Barracks St side. Just flew in at noon, rode 2 trips, heard Matt Bubba Dow play the 5:30 calliope concert, and narrated the dinner trip during the Dukes' break. Spring break, so good crowds everywhere. Capts. Don Houghton and Troy C Delaney presided today. Troy and I have golf set up for Wednesday, should be interesting as I haven't played since December. I saw Doc sitting in the sun on his balcony as I drove over to retrieve my bike and golf clubs from the storage unit, but haven't talked to him yet. Busy river today, lots to narrate. Later this week I'll get a chance to visit the former CRI,now the CNO..This is a new iPad mini so I'm going to try to post pix, but considering how long it took to get signed on here, I don't know.. Capt. Matt Bubba Dow at the keyboard, a wind blown 'Grandma' observing. Not windblown enough to be upside down though..that's now on my second glass of wine on this small balcony !!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0005.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	9899   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0009.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	9900   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0011.jpg
Views:	87