Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

Wisconsin Twin-Screw Steamer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2017, 02:31 AM

Default Wisconsin Twin-Screw Steamer

I'm hoping to learn the location of a town from a photo I found in a c1900 album. In the photo is what appears to be a screw-propelled steamboat. I suspect the mystery town is in Wisconsin. From the photo attached maybe somebody has a hunch to where this town is? Or maybe you recognize the vessel? I cannot read the name on the stern. Tried all P-shop tricks I know.

Clues: I imagine the town is on Lake Michigan or up a river off the lake. The white gabled building to the left has written on it, "1876, Jimmy Fairs, Saloon Restaurant." Dark building near shore says, "Crozier Bros., Needle Toe style shoes."

PS--I see that most all interest on this forum is about paddle boats. If my boat question seems out of place here maybe someone can point me to the proper forum?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WI? screw riverboat.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	9884   Click image for larger version

Name:	WI? river town_m5.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	9883