Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

Guess Who's Going to Louisville in October ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2014, 01:00 PM

Default Louisville Roads

My Grandfather lives in this area, and knows all about how to get around traffic on the frequently gridlocked roads, like the Interstate and Gene Snyder Freeway. There are many back roads in Louisville, making it easy to get around the tricky places. Those back roads are the only reason I make it to my favorite viewing spot for the Great Steamboat Race! If the weather is nice, I would avoid going on the Kennedy and Clark Memorial bridges, and just walk across the Big 4 Bridge. I certainly think it'd be smart, though, of course, you'd be walking quite a distance! Oh well, as a Kentuckian I have gotten used to the traffic jams around pretty much all metropolitan areas because of construction... even my humble town far away from many big cities!