Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

A Trip Down Belle's memory lane

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2014, 08:09 PM

Default A Trip Down Belle's memory lane

Due to some recent mechanical problems with one of the Belle's diesel generators, her steam turbine has been pressed into service through this week and into much of the coming week. This is the turbine upon which I did my first job of firing her boilers with Chief Mike Pfleider on many evening trips. Today, with the help of Capt. O'Connell and Capt. Fitzgerald, we went treasure hunting for turbine parts in our storage space. In our search we saw what I'm picturing below--the generator replaced by the "old" diesel generator behind the throttle platform. I thoroughly enjoyed Chief Howe's reaction when I showed him the picture later this afternoon. He shared a brief anecdote of his experiences with this generator shaking the entire boat!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Belle aft Troy Enberg 7252014.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	9303   Click image for larger version

Name:	Belle aft steam gen name plate.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	9304