Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

Julius c. Wilkie steam engines

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2012, 11:15 AM

Default Julius c. Wilkie steam engines

I'm the new "kid" on the block (72 years young)

Last week I was awarded the 2 steam engines, boiler tender pump, pittman arms, paddle wheel, and rudders from the Julius C. Wilkie replica in Winona Mi.
I was very surprised no one seemed interested from the local area, as these seemed to me to be of historical interest, especially to someone from that area. However they are going to a good home in Carthage N.C. We do not even have a river in town, but we have another steam engine buff located here. His name is Ken Eder keneder1 - WELCOME TO MIDEAST RAILROAD and he operates a railroad business that cleans up train wrecks as well as other related trades. He has a collection of hundreds of all kinds of steam, hit and miss engines, and antique farm and construction equipment. He has a yearly open house the first Friday, Saturday and Sunday in November. I will be involved in setting these engines up for public display. They are being moved next week. Ken will insure these are well taken care of and will post a history of the engines nearby. I dont think he will build a replica steamboat, but will show them professionally.
Everyone is welcome to come to his show. Any questions about me, see my profile.