Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

Belle of Louisville last night

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2012, 11:15 AM

Default Belle of Louisville last night

I thought I would share a picture of the Belle, taken last night a little after 10PM. I was talking with the Capt. on the radio and they swung in close to the IN shoreline to get a better look at the MQ sign now sitting on the deck, and to give us a one whistle salute.

My wife Kim took the pic and she called it the "abstract Belle," and I hope you enjoy it.

It was a beautiful evening as the Belle was taking an unusually slow cruise up and back towards town.

The sight of her lite up at night and the long tug of the whistle makes the hair stand up on the back of your neck.

Also, every time I hear that sound it reminds me of the last trip the DQ was making coming downriver approaching Louisville. The Belle was there to greet the DQ and they met up just below the Louisville water tower. They then proceeded to exchange whistle blows for what seemed like minutes. It was like seeing and listening to close sisters saying goodbye for the last time.

If you have never heard it or experienced the Belle at night, you need to get it on your bucket list now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-04-17 Belle of Louisville.jpg
Views:	911
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	8247