not logged in.
           forgot password?

BELLE OF LOUISVILLE 96th Birthday Cruise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2010, 09:50 PM

Default BELLE OF LOUISVILLE 96th Birthday Cruise

Hey all,

The BELLE OF LOUISVILLE sailed this afternoon at 2:00pm on a cruise to celebrate her 96th Birthday. Although I went down to visit friends aboard, I did not ride the boat. I shot some pictures and some video I will share with you here ( YouTube - Belle of Louisville Calliope on 17, Oct 2010 ).

They had the boat looking great. It looked like they had a good crowd. It is just too bad they couldn't get the media involved to build excitement towards the 100th Birthday coming in 2014.

She is a different world than the world I was such a part of in the 1970s-1990s. The new administration has taken over and are making their mark with her. She is much more food and beverage operation now and much less a pure, old time steamboat like she was. Not that she is in any peril...much the opposite. She is morphing into a different creature as she ages. I suppose we all would have to do the same if we found ourselves in a world we weren't designed to be part of.

Travis