Message Boards

Message Boards (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/)
-   Steamboats & History (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/steamboats-history/)
-   -   MQ update (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/steamboats-history/3821-mq-update.html)

Judy Patsch 10-13-2010 09:12 PM

MQ update

Just got a phone call from New Orleans - the MQ is still in the Harvey Canal.

Keith Norrington 10-13-2010 09:32 PM

And.... just today the steamboat museum received a telephone call from the owner of a New Orleans scrap yard, who offered us additional MQ artifacts, set for removal beginning NEXT WEEK!

inactive user 02 10-13-2010 10:38 PM

Well, another dream bites the dust! At least the inevitable is about to be over and the suffering won't be prolonged. I guess as the rumor spread, we all wanted to have that last little glimmer of hope. Still I am dying to know...how did the Mouse get involved? 'Cause it came to me with Mouse droppings all over it!

Frank X. Prudent 10-14-2010 12:19 AM

I guess that hope springs eternal. It sure would have been nice if it was true. And that thunder rumbling 'round Broadway Hollow....nothin' but heat lightning. It was a tale told...full of sound and fury signifying nothing.

David Gibson 10-14-2010 01:58 AM

Correct

[QUOTE=Judy Patsch;23477]Just got a phone call from New Orleans - the MQ is still in the Harvey Canal.[/QUOTE]

I was by the Harvey Canal tonight and checked. The MQ is still in the same position.

Chris Purdom 10-14-2010 09:01 PM

Well it was nice to dream for a day. Where'd did the Disney rumor get it's start? Wish the overnight steamboats were revived, the river just doesn't look right without seeing them and hearing the whistles echoing off the hills from time to time. Maybe someday...

Judy Patsch 10-14-2010 09:29 PM

Disney rumor

Chris, check your email. At least this was a harmless rumor that gave us a ray of hope for ever so short a time...

ed frazier 10-16-2010 03:29 PM

Sorry, I must have not found the right canal. The directions I got seemed good. I wanted to go and see her for myself, if only one time. Oh well Dream about and try to help the ones I can, and the ones I can experience. Seems like a race for me.

Phillip Johnson 10-16-2010 05:16 PM

[QUOTE=ed frazier;23513]Sorry, I must have not found the right canal. The directions I got seemed good. I wanted to go and see her for myself, if only one time. Oh well Dream about and try to help the ones I can, and the ones I can experience. Seems like a race for me.[/QUOTE]

Look at it this way Ed, you wont have any memories of the horrid mess he has become and will only remember her as the stately steamboat you have seen so many pictures of. Thats how I plan to remember the MQ, the day I last saw her steaming out of Louisville past the Belle down into the canal.