Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

M.Q. Artifacts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2010, 02:35 PM

All,
While she was never my favorite steamboat, she was just that, a steamboat and the realization that another will soon be gone doesn't sit well.
Whomever has her whistle and I suspect the calliope whistles too better keep it on the downlow if it was a midnight aquisition. Those items and the roof bell should be in a museum for future generations to enjoy. Sad to think about but whoever does have them's children, unless bitten by the bug, will likely take them to a scrap dealer not knowing their real value and that'll be the end of it; it happens all the time with brass items. Will be interesting to see if the whistle shows up at some of the whistle blows I attend. Not too many 12" Lunkenheimer 3 chimes floating around. If the new "owner" happens to be reading this, do the right thing and make an anonymos donation to a good river museum........or call me. Ha Ha. Just kidding.

Here's hoping at least something of the MQ get's preserved.

Aaron