Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

Mary Greene Stewart

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2009, 07:18 PM

Mary, Richard, and I worked together on the DELTA QUEEN in 1965; some of my happiest days on the river, and I am saddened to hear of her passing. My deepest sympathy to Richard, Joel, and all her family and dearest friends.

".... completely removed and faithfully restored and reinstalled the beautiful stained glass rotunda of the historic Carnegie Arts Center at 1028 Scott Boulevard in Covington, KY.

Strangely enough, the day before Mary died, I attended a play in the theatre of the Carnegie AC, and after the show, made a special effort to stand beneath that very beautiful stained glass rotunda and admired the workmanship in the restoration of the art glass and wondered who had done such a excellent job. Now I know, and am especially delighted to learn it was the combined work of Mary and Richard.