Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

Boat names/ River familes?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2008, 10:27 AM

Default Boat names/ River familes?

Jon Tschiggfrie's post in this forum about "Gravel Gertie" has started a kind of new discussion by Capt. Bill Judd and me; I thought I would start a new thread for this one. The subject is boat names and river families and how they are somewhat intertwined. Sometimes they can be a little hard to sort out, so I'm asking for any help anyone can give. Capt. Bill pretty well answered the Material Services/SCNO Barge Line/Crown question, but what about the Frames? Anyone know anything?

Also, several years ago we were in Nashville on a Sunday and attended West End United Methodist Church. I was surprised to note in the bulletin that one of the Associate Ministers was Andrew Benedict III; Ingram has a boat named ANDREW BENEDICT. Probably not named for the preacher, but can anyone shed light on this one, or throw out any other names that are/were related to boat names and/or river families?