not logged in.
           forgot password?   Connect with Facebook

Historic Goldenrod Showboat

advertisement
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2008, 04:16 PM

Default Historic Goldenrod Showboat

I was just curious as to if anyone knows anything about The Goldenrod Showboat? I worry about her. The new owners at one time had a web site -- “Where Shall We Go?” And they wanted suggestions. What to only let it sit and decay?

The Goldenrod Showboat spent over fifty years on the St. Louis levee before St. Charles bought it as a dinner-theater attraction in 1990. I have fond memories of The Melodramas the levee.

Once moved to St. Charles I did attend a play on The Goldenrod and thought it was NOT an issue of the boat but an issue with money. The play was good but the “paying” audience simply was not there. They showed no profit that night. Lack of publicity perhaps?

When the Goldenrod Showboat left the St. Charles riverfront, the vessel was put in storage in Illinois and the current owner just let it set. Talk about structural problems!!

I happen to know that The Goldenrod Showboat is a Registered National Historic Landmark. How can it simply be destroyed for money by the owners?? I truly am lost here. A Registered National Historic Landmark destroyed for profit??

I hope to attach a few photos from The Goldenrod Showboat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	goldenrod 1.jpg
Views:	1693
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	1325   Click image for larger version

Name:	goldenrod 2.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	1326