forgot password?

Cape Cod Light/Cape May Light

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2007, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear View Post
Hi Donald,

Perhaps I wasn't totally clear. The windows on what looked like the public rooms on the first and second open decks were boarded. The bridge and the cabins appeared to have windows. The Cape Cod Light was tied port side to the pier and the Cape May Light was tied starboard side to the pier.

How did they sail? It looks to me like they wouldn't deal with rough weather well -narrow beam, shallow draft (11-12') and high sides. I sort of felt like I owned a door knob or something on each of them since I had stock in DQSC when it went under. Oh well.

Bear
Bear I understand now.

To answer your question about how She (Cape May) sailed. Well......... Lets say I watched many people get ill while crossing Lake Ontario . She was not the most stable of ships when you added a little rough water. Being a small ship there was no sort of stabilizers .

There was also a few design flaws that most of us did not understand. One such flaw was the fact that the dining room was directly above the engine room. So come dinner time the Capt usually needed to ease back on the power a bit or the plates and silverware would rattle off the tables.

Its really a shame. We didnt make it through our first season before AMCV closed up shop.