Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

DQ Eagle in flight!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2007, 01:17 AM

Default DQ Eagle in flight!

Where is the beautiful eagle from the pilot-house of the DELTA QUEEN? I have read posts bemoaning its removal but have not yet discovered its location nor plans for it. Granted that it needed some repair of the peeling paint. But someone must have it somewhere! Who has it? Where is it? When will it be back where it belongs?

Last year, I had occasion to stop under it 2,148 times to punch a key into the watch-clock. Each time, I was awed by its splendor and inspired to pick up trash on deck and to return abandoned tumblers to the Texas Lounge. A special delight came after every 12 rounds of the boat when I could enjoy seeing the eagle splashed in the golden sunrise.

What an eagle! What craftmanship! What a symbol! What a steamboat! What a country! What a way to spend my fiftieth year in America! May God bless the caretakers of the eagle!

Steamwork!
Watchman Bela
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DQ spread eagle on pilot-house 2006.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	863