Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

GORDON C. GREENE new

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2007, 06:01 PM

I don't know whether it was Grandpa's idea to raise the Texas on the GORDON or if he was just designing what Tom and/or Chris wanted him to do. I know he facilitated the design of the TOM GREENE and did all of the design of the CHRIS GREENE (this was for Capt. Gordon Greene the elder), but when it came to the re-design of the GORDON, as well as of the deck extensions and I don't know what else on the DELTA QUEEN when they got her in 1947, I don't know whether it was his ideas or whether he was just carrying out what Tom wanted. I suspect both, in tandem. They worked well together, just as he had worked well with Tom's father, Gordon Sr. I think Gordon Greene (the younger) knows more about the DQ work, as he has the architectural plans that Grandpa drew for it back then. I was surprised when Gordon notified me a couple of years ago that he had found these DQ blueprints done by Grandpa, because I had not been aware that my grandfather had done that kind of work on the DQ.