Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

Capt. Fred Way Jr.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2007, 06:35 PM

Default Capt. Fred Way Jr.

I wanted to start a new thread so people wouldn't miss FWJr. pix and discussions due to the obscure title I used on Saturday. Here are 3 pictures of Capt. Fred showing his many talents. The first one was taken in 1937, with him posing by the model of the J.M. WHITE which he had made. This huge model now reposes in Keith's River Room. The second photo was taken in 1984 as he and Keith posed by Skid Row on the DQ. They were enroute to Cedar Farm, JoAnn Schoen's family home, as part of the Stanford charter I believe. Capt. Fred was always along as a guest lecturer on Peter Voll's Stanford U. Alumni charters. The third pix was taken in 1981 in the basement of 121 River when Keith, Jeff and I were visiting. It gave me hope to see his cluttered desk, knowing how organized his written materials were. The basement was full of filing cabinets which were full of steamboat photos. Unfortunately my clutter didn't allow me to find the pix of his yard, showing the BETSY ANN antlers on the garage and the LADY GRACE wheel in the yard.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image0-1.jpg
Views:	621
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	355   Click image for larger version

Name:	image0-3.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	356   Click image for larger version

Name:	image0-2.jpg
Views:	350