Thread: Marketing river travel to our next generation.

Default Marketing river travel to our next generation.

Morning all,

I have seen three groups of what looked to be scouts or school classes or similar folks being given a tour of the Rising Sun ferry when docked on the Indiana shore so far this spring. They did not get over onto the push boat itself but were all over the car barge with the boat being gestured to with explanations. The deck crew and pilot mingled and talked to a very attentive audience. What a great field trip.

Hopefully, years into the future, some will remember their first river boat experience riding the boats of that future era. Who knows? Might recruit a pilot or two in future days.

Keep your steam up!

Russ

So very true, Russ. You gotta get them while they’re young. Then you have to let them see everything and encourage them and continue to feed that curiosity and that friendship. This is true of boats and it’s also true in the realm of aviation.

Hi Bob,

Yep, my wife and I are active in our local EAA Chapter 650 young eagles project, open houses, and any other good excuses to hang out at an airport. We have worked with the touring Ford Trimotors when they are in the area as well as the Aluminum Overcast. Kids tend to eventually get into puberty and all of the insecurities and distractions that goes with it. However, they later return to other interests, too; especially those that peeked their interest in younger times.

Keep your stem up!

Russ