*DQ's lagging exemption/Cruise rates*
Steamboating colleagues,
No way do I want to rile any up any fellow fans or partisans here over the DQ, as mentioned by Capt. Bob Reynolds above. Yet, I have to call it as I see it. Our U.S. Congress now in their final days before the long holiday season. The new calendar year for congress and our federal government begins in the new year. Nothing has moved on the DQ initiative so far with nothing concrete from those actively involved financially with no 2nd and 3rd parties with 'squibs' based more in wishes...ifs...possibly...maybe, wishful thinking. Let's get the right news from the right people directly involved for the right reasons.

With an exemption, followed by an extensive list of needed repairs, upgrades, modernizations to a pretty penny, anybody thinking [Coast Guard and insurance underwriters sniffing around with 'red pencils' in hand] the 'new' DQ cruise tariffs $$ a return to the old days we all knew just not going to happen. Her future rates will be right up there close to the other guys. Her present possible passenger compliment lower than the AQ, ACL vessels and that usually means higher per head rates with high operating costs...no arguments on that. That's all I know and hope things work out. CHEERS!

R. Dale Flick
Old Coal Haven Landing, Ohio River, Cincinnati