It is obvious that many of us have vast collections of river stuff, be it photos, brochures, letters, etc., etc. As much as I hate to admit it some of us have more yesterdays than we have tomorrows. What can we do with all of this historical material we have. I know that my heirs have no interest the contents of my "dusty boxes". When I take that ferry boat across the big river in the sky, my kids might make an attempt to see if anyone wants it, but probably not a great attempt.
I know that I am fault for not labeling and marking what each piece is, unless whoever gets the stuff is a river buff no one will know the significance of the contents in my collection. I would hate to see it all lost, also I would hate to see it go to a place where it'll be placed in another box on a shelf accumulating more dust.
Should we, while we still can, decide on one place to donate our collections to. For me it would have to be a facility that will catalog the material and make it available for future researchers. Is there such a facility?