Thread: Live from the levee and the NATCHEZ

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Live from the levee and the NATCHEZ

Six months since I've been here, but what a first day! Our approach to MSY was from the east, so we were over the city and I could see the NATCHEZ down bound around Louisa St. I was able to get my bike and golf clubs out of storage, get checked in to my corner balcony room at LeRichelieu, and get over to the boat for the 2:30 trip. What a nice sight, the line went way down the wharf, over 600 on that trip. It has been good this spring, and this weekend they've got 2 late charters for Jazzfest in addition to the regular trips. It was sunny and a balmy 81 when I arrived, but as is my custom, clouds and a cold front came with me - but this cold just meant 70 or so. After an afternoon on the roof, I had small orders of jambalaya, gumbo, and bread pudding at Masperos, after which I waddled back to LeR. My bikes tires needed a big shot of air after being idle so long, so first item today is to use my new air compressor. After a brief nap(I had gotten up at 3:30 for my flights, it was back to Toulouse for the dinner cruise, which I narrated while the Dukes were on break. It being cloudy and cool, I retreated to the pilot house, where I amazed them with my coming into the 21st century with this iPad mini2. The day ended with a glass of Pinot noir on my balcony as I watched film crew trucks parked up Barracks by Doc's, but don't know what it was for. After pumping up the tires and riding to Rouses(the old A&P) for supplies, it will be over for the 11:30 with a new load of cookies - yesterday's were inhaled. After that, maybe golf and then back for the dinner trip. I'm having trouble posting pix, but here's something new or rather updated. It is:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	9541