Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Small Government Steamer Plans/Blueprints

Quote Originally Posted by carole matthews View Post
    There is another Louise called the Angela Louise based in Sacremento Calif an its a small cute riverboat that mainly does weddings charters corporate affairs.etc Carole Matthews Pompano Beach Fla 33064
    I could be wrong, but the ANGELA LOUISE out in the California Delta just might have a significant relation to the Ohio River. I believe that one of her previous names was BETTY BLAKE. I could be wrong though. There are some actual steamboat/river authorities wollering around the North Atlantic with me this time, and I'm due to meet them at a cocktail party in my room real soon. I'll have to ask them over a stiff G&T.

By the way last night the winds out here were over 60 knots/hour. That makes them hurricane strength. Tomorrow when we arrive in the Big Apple 20 degree temps are greeting us....brrrr

Default Louise Riverboat

I goofed The ANGELIA LOUISE is an electric riverboat an is located at 700 East Edgewater Ave Newport Beach Calif. Phone 949-723-`1403 an it looks pretty new but is as cute as it can be for a replica. According to their website they use it mostly for sightseeing weddings corporate affairs an you can rent the entire boat by the hour I think it said. There are dozens of pictures of it on their website. My apology to Mr Prudent. I looks at photos of the Betty Blake but does not look like the same boat.Carole M Pompano Beach Fla sunny South Fla where its 59 today BRRRRR.....excuse spelling

Default Homesick

Meanwhile in Kentucky mother nature is drunk, in the negatives including wind chill earlier today. It's not exactly pitch perfect river conditions, so I'm river-homesick right now. I want to get back near the water!!!
    ML

Quote Originally Posted by carole matthews View Post
    I goofed The ANGELIA LOUISE is an electric riverboat an is located at 700 East Edgewater Ave Newport Beach Calif. Phone 949-723-`1403 an it looks pretty new but is as cute as it can be for a replica. According to their website they use it mostly for sightseeing weddings corporate affairs an you can rent the entire boat by the hour I think it said. There are dozens of pictures of it on their website. My apology to Mr Prudent. I looks at photos of the Betty Blake but does not look like the same boat.Carole M Pompano Beach Fla sunny South Fla where its 59 today BRRRRR.....excuse spelling
    The good Lord knows that there was no offence taken. But then the question remains, what name was the BETTY BLAKE given once out in California, and is she still out there?

*LOUISE scow bow etc.*
    Morning, Bob & Steamboating colleagues,
    Thanks for your data above RE: the "scow bow...gasboat" for the LOUISE. I'll pass this back to Capt. Tom Dunn for information so he can check again, contact Gary Frommelt. Cheers!

R. Dale Flick
    Coal Haven Landing, Ohio River, Cincinnati

Frank's been rolling around on the deep blue too long. The Betty Blake went to Savanna then to Jacksonville, Fla, now known as the Lady St. Johns. The Becky Thatcher went to California and is now the Spirit of Sacramento. The Becky had a rough trip I will assure you. Lots of rebuild out there but is up and running just fine.

All those diseaseal boats look alike to me, but I sure am glad someone is keeping them straight.