Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Guess Who's Going to Louisville in October ?

RE: Parking
    I believe if you go to the Festival Website and look under FAQ, there is an interactive map with parking information. It doesn't give prices, but I believe Louisville's day rate is somewhat less than other big cities that I have heard about.
    I would like to caution all, that due to the construction of the new bridge that traffic downtown has become somewhat challenging. So please make a note to allow extra time to arrive at your destination in plenty of time.
    Also in going back and forth across the river, the approaches to the Kennedy (I-65) bridge are challenging and the 2nd Street (Clark Memorial Bridge) is down to one lane both ways. I have found it much easier to head West on I-64 and go through downtown New Albany if I want to go to Jeffersonville or Clarksville from Louisville and visa versa.
    Good luck!

Thank you, Jo Ann! We'll see you Friday!

Default Louisville Roads

My Grandfather lives in this area, and knows all about how to get around traffic on the frequently gridlocked roads, like the Interstate and Gene Snyder Freeway. There are many back roads in Louisville, making it easy to get around the tricky places. Those back roads are the only reason I make it to my favorite viewing spot for the Great Steamboat Race! If the weather is nice, I would avoid going on the Kennedy and Clark Memorial bridges, and just walk across the Big 4 Bridge. I certainly think it'd be smart, though, of course, you'd be walking quite a distance! Oh well, as a Kentuckian I have gotten used to the traffic jams around pretty much all metropolitan areas because of construction... even my humble town far away from many big cities!