Thread: Ellen Prudent Passing!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ellen Prudent Passing!

Frank Prudent informed me of the passing of his mother. Mrs. Prudent's Visitation will be on Sunday March 30th from 3:00 PM until 5:PM at Meyer Funeral Home ,5864 Bridgetown Road. Mass of Christian Burial is Monday March 31st 10:30 AM at St Jude Church, 5924 Bridgetown Road. Cincinnati,Ohio

*Passing of Ellen Prudent*
    Steamboating colleagues:
    Many thanks to Vic Canfield for posting the passing of Ellen Prudent, Frank's mother. Though expected, such news is always sad. I had avoided any phone calls or E=Mails to Frank this week knowing of her failing health. Ellen, wife of well-know steamboat engineer, Bill Prudent, was a charming, quiet lady I had known for years. A number of times it had been my pleasure to share social evenings in their fine Cincinnati Home. Bill Prudent had been a long-time friend of my late Uncle Thomas Flick dating to their canoe adventures on the Ohio River here near California, Ohio and CONEY ISLAND as youths. Sympathy to Frank, his sister and brother along with the entire Prudent family. I will make every effort for the visitation on Sunday.

R. Dale Flick
    Coal Haven Landing, Ohio River, Cincinnati.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Frank and his family!!

Carmen, Franz and Leonie

On the "Beautiful Ohio" at New Albany, Indiana, opposite Louisville, Kentucky

The staff of the Howard Steamboat Museum and I extend our deepest sympathy to Frank and his family in their time of sorrow.

My sympathy to Frank and his family. After a visit with Frank last weekend for the Board meeting I was hoping she had made a turn for the better. So sorry to hear.

along the western shores of Lake Michigan at Racine, WI

Sincere sympathies to you and your family Frank
    Join MIDWEST RIVERBOAT BUFFS!

My most sincere condolences to Frank and his family in their time of sorrow. I well remember his gracious, friendly, and loving mother Ellen from my many trips to Cincinnati over the years and her visits to Louisville while his father was Chief Engineer on the BELLE OF LOUISVILLE. She came from a different time when parents raised their girls to be true ladies, something many of todays female youth would do well to emulate. It was a pleasure to have known her and to have been in her presence. Ellen, rest in peace.

Thank you for all of the expressions of sympathy and the kind words about my mother. I greatly appreciate each of them.

Sincerely,
    Frank Prudent

St. Paul, MN - Near the Mighty Mississippi

Default My condolences!

I don't get the chance to check in as frequently as I used to, so I just saw this now. I want to offer my heartfelt sympathy and condolences to Frank. Sorry to hear of your loss.