Thread: Delta Queen CD by Laura Sable and Bill Wiemuth

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Delta Queen CD by Laura Sable and Bill Wiemuth

Laura Sable and Bill Wiemuth sent me a review copy of their new CD "Delta Queen - A Musical Journey"; see my review in the steamboats.org news section.

I took me weeks until I put it in the CD player as I was afraid I couldn't stand so many Delta Queen songs without emotional outbreaks, so I postponed it - way too long. Laura, Bill you did a great job in giving this CD a very positive and warm appearance and it brings up wonderful memories of the good old days on the river. Thanks for this wonderful CD, I just love it.

For order information, check Bill's blog.

Thanks for the nice review of Bill and Laura's CD, Franz - I just ordered it!

I'm sure enjoying getting to play some steamboat music and river rags and talking about the Delta Queen in my show every week aboard the American Star here in Maine when she is docked in Rockland on the Maine Coast and Harbors cruises. Quite a few steamboat passengers have discovered the lovely ACL small ships and are enjoying the experience. I always introduce "Ragtime Mary Greene - A Ghostly Two-Step" by mentioning the American Star is probably too young to have a ghost, and then launch into some Delta Queen history.

I"ll say it's a good one! It's a must have for anyone that loves the DELTA QUEEN, the rivers or Laura and Bill!