Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Capt. Jim and Loretta Howard

On Flintlock Farm on Gunpowder Road in Boone County, Kentucky

Judy: I seem to remember that one of the Howard volunteers lives 'way out near Rock Island and comes to the Howard on her own dime to "do" cookies 'n such. If you see her tell her that she has my thanks for cookies and support of the museum and all things river related. We also missed her at the King Fisher. Cap'n Walnut

On the "Beautiful Ohio" at New Albany, Indiana, opposite Louisville, Kentucky

The "shop" was one of the rooms in the mansion, according to the label on the photo, which also mentioned the presence of a drafting table. Don't know which, of 22 rooms, it was, but Alan might have a firsthand answer. My guess would have been the basement or carriage house.

The only woodworking shop Captain Jim had when I knew him was on the second floor of the carriage house where the windows look toward the mansion. An incredibly steep and narrow stairway led there. It was full of hand tools, a lathe a workbench and stacks of wood. I never heard of a woodworking shop in the house. I rather doubt its existence because of dust, noise, etc.