Thread: Out To Sea!

Default Out To Sea!

Hello all,

Looks like I wonít be on the forums for a while, come Wednesday, 5/6/09, I head back to school for precruise, and then itís out to sea for 60 days on summer sea term! This of course is part of my school curriculum to obtain my unlimited tonnage 3rd mates license & limited horsepower Engineers license.

Our Tentative Cruise Schedule

Pre Cruise Report Date 07 May 2009 @ 0730
    Depart -- Fort Schuyler, NY -- 18 May 2009 @ 1000
    Arrive -- San Miguel, Azores -- 26 May 2009 @ 0800
    Depart -- San Miguel, Azores -- 29 May 2009 @ 1000
    Arrive -- Gibraltar, Spain -- 05 June 2009 @ 0800
    Depart -- Gibraltar, Spain -- 08 June 2009 @ 1000
    Arrive -- Reykjavik, Iceland -- 14 June 2009 @ 0800
    Depart -- Reykjavik, Iceland -- 17 June 2009 @ 1000
    Arrive -- Kiel, Germany -- 24 June 2009 @ 0800
    Depart -- Kiel, Germany -- 28 June 2009 @ 0600
    Arrive -- Fort Schuyler, NY -- 10 July 2009 @ 1000
    Post Cruise Ends 12 July 2009 @ 1600

And then itís back to the Chautauqua Belle! During this short break being home Iíve had a million projects getting her ready for this upcoming season; we have finished welding the tube and the installers will be coming Thursday to install the stern thruster. Grandfather replaced the last of the boards on the paddlewheel, so the entire wheel is no more then two years old, and my grandmother finished painting the paddlewheel today, only took 6 gallons of red and two white this time!

Hopefully you will all be able to come out and visit me when I get back, Iím sure itís going to be a beautiful summer up here on Chautauqua Lake!

If I am able to find a computer while in port I'll be sure to jump on and let you know how I'm doing, to track the ship once we leave and start reporting position visit Training Ship Empire State VI tracking map
    And eventually they should update the SST webpage where it gives the daily ship log, if interested, that is SUNY Maritime College - Summer Sea Term

Hope to see you all in a few months, safe & sound!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TSES_VI_NewColor1.jpg 
Views:	568 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	3442   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TSES_VI_NewColor2.jpg 
Views:	567 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	3443  

Default Bon Voyage!

Have a safe trip. It looks like you've got some interesting ports and the experience will be great. But I'm betting the CHAUTAUQUA BELLE will look better than ever to you when you return...

Default NOBRA Pilot Scholarship !

Mathey !
    Good luck on your sea crusie and I am not sure if your aware of it but the NOBRA Pilot's association sponsors a scholarship at SUNY . Futhermore , I am not sure if we have a candidate up there now but usually when we do , its my understanding that they come ride with us during the summers . Something to look into !
    Smoothe Sailing !
    NOBRA 70

Quote Originally Posted by Mathew Stage View Post
    Hello all,

Looks like I wonít be on the forums for a while, come Wednesday, 5/6/09, I head back to school for precruise, and then itís out to sea for 60 days on summer sea term! This of course is part of my school curriculum to obtain my unlimited tonnage 3rd mates license & limited horsepower Engineers license.

Our Tentative Cruise Schedule

Pre Cruise Report Date 07 May 2009 @ 0730
    Depart -- Fort Schuyler, NY -- 18 May 2009 @ 1000
    Arrive -- San Miguel, Azores -- 26 May 2009 @ 0800
    Depart -- San Miguel, Azores -- 29 May 2009 @ 1000
    Arrive -- Gibraltar, Spain -- 05 June 2009 @ 0800
    Depart -- Gibraltar, Spain -- 08 June 2009 @ 1000
    Arrive -- Reykjavik, Iceland -- 14 June 2009 @ 0800
    Depart -- Reykjavik, Iceland -- 17 June 2009 @ 1000
    Arrive -- Kiel, Germany -- 24 June 2009 @ 0800
    Depart -- Kiel, Germany -- 28 June 2009 @ 0600
    Arrive -- Fort Schuyler, NY -- 10 July 2009 @ 1000
    Post Cruise Ends 12 July 2009 @ 1600

And then itís back to the Chautauqua Belle! During this short break being home Iíve had a million projects getting her ready for this upcoming season; we have finished welding the tube and the installers will be coming Thursday to install the stern thruster. Grandfather replaced the last of the boards on the paddlewheel, so the entire wheel is no more then two years old, and my grandmother finished painting the paddlewheel today, only took 6 gallons of red and two white this time!

Hopefully you will all be able to come out and visit me when I get back, Iím sure itís going to be a beautiful summer up here on Chautauqua Lake!

If I am able to find a computer while in port I'll be sure to jump on and let you know how I'm doing, to track the ship once we leave and start reporting position visit Training Ship Empire State VI tracking map
    And eventually they should update the SST webpage where it gives the daily ship log, if interested, that is SUNY Maritime College - Summer Sea Term

Hope to see you all in a few months, safe & sound!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JTD 035.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	3444   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Container Ship - Algiers Point 003.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	3445   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AAAA 079.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	3446  

Lake George, NY (originally New Orleans, LA)

"But I'm betting the CHAUTAUQUA BELLE will look better than ever to you when you return..."

Judy is correct in saying that. After months of being at MMA, the first trip on the Saint the other day was a dream. Have a good cruise, and I look forward to coming over there when you get back to check out the Belle.