Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cincinnati Post article with more details

Lexie,

I didn't say boycott is illegal. I said organizing a boycott, calling for boycott on a public message board is illegal. If you decide not to ride any of the Majestic America Line boats, that's your private affair and of course you're absolutely free to do so. But as soon as you ask or urge others on a public forum to boycott a company, you potentially are causing significant financial damage and that violates the rights of that company.

Franz

Franz, I don't understand to what you are referring. I directed .orgers to this site to see that we aren't the only people doubting the seriousness of the exemption attempt - that investors have seen through it too. What does that have to do with lawyers and legal problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Patsch View Post
    Franz, I don't understand to what you are referring.
    Sorry, Judy, I obviously misunderstood the intentions of your posting. Made the same mistake I'm always asking not to do: Tried to read between the lines ;-))

What I wanted to say is that some posters on the Yahoo message board do not care much about separating opinion from facts, and do not care at all about what direct financial damage they're potentially causing to the company and share holders with their postings (the ones that are not at all backed by proven facts but only assumptions and allegations) - especially on a financial message board.

I'm still a big supporter of fact-based arguments and bashing other people or companies only when I can proof what I'm accusing someone of. But of course, the Yahoo message board is free to set their own rules ;-)

Judy, again, sorry for misinterpreting your posting.

Franz