Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DELTA QUEEN STEAMBOAT COMPANY NEW POLICY for 2007

CORRECTION! Need to make a small correction here folks. The "specials" for 2007 are not being offered by the company. These cruises had been prearranged by Phyllis Dale, travel agent extraordinare, before Ambassador International made the purchase. Phyllis has a link within this website. She does a stupendous job. But we are back to wishing someone in the company will realize that the prices they have right now won't work for many of us "repeaters".

Hi All,
    These price increases are alarming to me as well, as I have only one voyage under my belt. Mom and I have one coming up this July, but that was only by the skin of our teeth. AND finally my husband finally sounds interested in the Kentucky Derby Cruise.

Bex, The Kentucky Derby Cruise is the most expensive cruise the DELTA QUEEN does, as it includes tickets to the Derby with all the trimmings. Since Ms. Dale can still offer discounted prices on the BELLE race trip the week before that cruise why don't you jump on that one? I've done it three years in a row. I can guarantee you it's LOTS of fun!

As a former building cost estimator, I cannot help wondering why the DQSB, LLD has such a complicated rate structure. If they were to calculate their costs, and surely by now someone has analyzed them, then add a reasonable profit they could do away with all of these weird privilege-rates. As matters stand now, only a fool or a sucker would pay their list prices. If they were to do away with early reservation, repeat trip, most room differential, group and other odd-ball discounts and simply charge a reasonable rate they just might attract sensible vacationers who simply want to know what the trip will cost. As it is, one must wonder which of his companion passengers got a better deal and feel cheated.

Jo Ann,
    Please tell me more about the Belle, how many days, etc.

My email is soulmate___@hotmail.com. Thanx

Robert Lee Wilson Guest

Well, for all those Delaware North critics, you got your wish. Now you have AI, but can you afford it !!

Rabbit Hash, KY and Decatur, Al Shipyards

Default Greene Line

Or as Captain Albert Kelly oft said, "It ain't the ole Greene Line..." How true.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kelly 327X544.JPG 
Views:	570 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	45