Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Win the big Snickers Bar

Default Win the big Snickers Bar

Attached is a picture of the Delta Queen's officers, ca. 1956. If you can go around the table and name each person and their position, you win the big Snickers Bar.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Delta Queen Crew 1956.jpg 
Views:	1123 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	22  
    Last edited by Jim Reising; 05-26-2006 at 01:29 PM. Reason: misspelling

Default No Snickers (or see-gar!)

Jim, I wouldn't even qualify to win the wrapper! The only person I recognize is the legendary Purser, Robert H. McCann in right foreground. Could that possibly be Capt. Harris Underwood on the left of the table. I just don't go back far enough. I'm be watching for the "answer key". Hope to see you at the Howard Museum on July 1st.

Rabbit Hash, KY and Decatur, Al Shipyards

That's Captain Albert Kelly to the left of Bob. McCann. The gentleman in the center, rear, is Captain Paul Underwood. Perhaps that's Jim Swartzwelder or Terry Beckett to Captain Harris's right. That's Capt. Doc Carr in the front, left, but I do not know the Chief Engineer, the pretty young lady, or the smiling young man to the right of Captain Paul.

Could the Engineer be "Skyjack" Turner? A name that Bill Prudent often referred to.

Ah yes, Albert Sidney Kelly of the famous, in later years, quote "I Tried to tell them there ain't no water in Brandenburg".

If only Cap'n Doc or Virginia Bennett had a computer... and used it!

"I tried to tell 'em..." Can't you just hear Captain Roddy telling that story? "I tried to tell 'em, but they wouldn't listen." Several times I have used that expression at work, and the fun is explaining where it all originated.

Default Closer to the Snickers Bar

Left to right: Doc Carr ( 1st mate), Harris
    Underwood, Pilot; Jack Cleary Steward and bass player and
    Mary Greene's 1st husband; Mary Greene Cleary; Paul Underwood,
    Pilot and Captain; Still not sure of the next guy; Albert Kelly, Pilot; Bob McCann, Purser; Again, not exactly sure of
    the Engineer's name.
    Last edited by Shipyard Sam; 05-28-2006 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Spelling Mistake

Hey, try the old fashioned way. If you can print a decent copy of that photo, mail one to Doc and one to Virginia via snail mail. If they can both idenify everyone, do they have to split the Snicker's bar, Jim?

Default Stab in the Dark

That dark-headed fellow, in back, might be Vic Fine, piano player and the Assistant Chief may be Jesse Armstrong. But, however, those are guesses.

My guesses, l. to r.: Harris Underwood, Albert Kelly, Jim Swartzwelder, unknown, Paul Underwood, unknown, unknown, Bob McCann. I do not know the lady.

Now for the judge's decision. Who has the most correct answers? Drum Roll, Please.