Message Boards

Message Boards (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/)
-   Save the DELTA QUEEN (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/save-delta-queen/)
-   -   Indiana 9th District needs to call Trey Hollingsworth (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/save-delta-queen/5669-indiana-9th-district-needs-call-trey-hollingsworth.html)

Jo Ann Schoen 02-13-2017 08:23 PM

Indiana 9th District needs to call Trey Hollingsworth

After many attempts I was finally able to get through to a person in Representative Trey Hollingsworth and speak to a person. I was told I was the only person that has contacted his office regarding HR 619. So folks anyone on here that lives in mid southern Indiana to the south side of Indianapolis suburbs you are probably in his district. Please contact his office and ask him to support H.R. 619. His Washington office is 202-225-5315 or email him through his website. I would appreciate if you would let me know you have contacted his office. I'd sure like to be able to follow up later this week and be told their phones have been ringing off the hook. THANK YOU and please ask all your family and friends to call too. And remember Senate Bill # 89. Call your Senators too.

R. Dale Flick 02-15-2017 04:31 PM

*Reps block out of district E=Mails Etc.*
Steamboating colleagues:

R. Dale Flick 02-15-2017 05:01 PM

*Reps block out if districts*
Steamboating colleagues:
Just to check, I did a 'test' here today with not only Jo Ann's rep above but others. As you know reps will not accept any E=Mail outside of their districts checking all by zip code with a "refused" or "denied" popping up--and that's to be expected. Polite phone calls and letters do receive some attention with lip service but negated when they see where you live. Never mind that ALL congressional reps represent ALL the people in the United States along with their own districts. A couple here did phone me asking questions on the initiative. Two questons asked, "What do you know about this issue? Who are these individuals continuing to send the same communications and calls and what's in this for them?" One rep fell silent thinking the DQ currently is a kind of "museum vessel" in the public ownership. They may be thinking of the W.P. SNYDER in Marietta, Ohio. Just wanted to share this with you. We need now to hear directly from the current DQ ownership and managment outside of third and fourth party sources as this is a private for profit enterprise outside of the public domain. I've been up and down this road with the DQ since the first initiative Betty Blake mounted. Betty had firm control on her campaign, media information, PR via press kits.

R. Dale Flick
Old Coal Haven Landing, Ohio River, Cincinnati.

David Dewey 02-17-2017 12:29 AM

I agree that once elected, our congress folks should be willing to listen to folks outside their districts, but apparently that is not the way the game is played nowadays. Another reason, IMHO, that the system is failing.

Jo Ann Schoen 02-17-2017 07:01 PM

I followed up today, one week after being told I was the only one that had called. When I asked if they had been getting any more calls, the answer was a couple. So I told him that I knew that no less than a dozen people had called. He started stuttering. Next week there should be an article in a local newspaper asking folks that are interested in the DELTA QUEEN cruising again to contact their Indiana Senators and the 9th District Congressman, Trey Hollingsworth. The young man went on to say Congress is on recess next week, to meet with constituents back home. So when I asked if there would be a public forum that I could attend, I was told he was meeting privately with folks. My guess he's really going to some place on vacation - anyone disagree? We'll keep fighting and hopefully it will be out of the Senate soon and on to the House!!!

Wesley Paulson 02-18-2017 08:26 AM

All members of Congress maintain local/regional offices. Usually it is easier to access local staff for personal appeals on issues. JoAnn and others - it may be worth your time to visit with the local office and if possible take a group along.

JoAnn - check your PM.

Wesley