Message Boards

Message Boards (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/)
-   Save the DELTA QUEEN (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/save-delta-queen/)
-   -   More Cosponsors for HR 1248 (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/save-delta-queen/5590-more-cosponsors-hr-1248-a.html)

Mike Washenko 09-07-2016 09:05 AM

More Cosponsors for HR 1248

Great news HR 1248 has picked up 2 more cosponsors. Many thanks to our friends in Arkansas for getting Rep Bruce Westerman on board and a very big THANK YOU to Frank Prudent for convincing Rep Mark Sanford from South Carolina to sign on. What's especially important is that Rep Sanford is our 1st cosponsor from a state that is not on the inland rivers and he's on the House Transportation Committee.

Frank X. Prudent 09-07-2016 08:16 PM

I'm very glad to have been the one that helped Rep. Mark Sanford (R. First Congressional District, South Carolina) to make the decision to support HR 1248. Much credit goes to his staffer James Braid for working with me to make sure Rep. Sanford's co-sponsorship happened.

R. Dale Flick 09-25-2016 02:54 PM

*Co-sponsors/Congressional calendar/S&D weekend*
Steamboating colleagues:
Thanks to Mike and Frank for the information and work above. Also good seeing you two at last weekend's annual S&D of Pioneer Rivermen meeting in Marietta, Ohio. Great event this year with trip to Blennerhassette Island & Mansion, Saturday banquet featuring Capt. Alan Bernstein of B/B RIVERBOATS, Covington, KY, Port of Cincinnati speaking on his family history in food and restaurants moving on to founding a very successful excursion boat company. When asked "What's next?" Alan just smiled. Attandance for all was up including the Saturday banquet program. If you haven't joined S&D or re-upped do so. Mike, good words on your part RE: the DQ initiative with words also from Jo Ann Schoen. People did seem to respond but I noticed a lot of 'glassy-eyed stares' from the audience. Jo Ann's reading of Mr. Martin's message mentioned the "boat can't endure another two years."

I've again--and again--done what I can here on my end. *I did just consult my U.S. Congressional Calendar seeing that this coming Friday, September 30, 2016 is the last scheduled day before break. Cheers!

R.Dale Flick
Old Coal Haven Landing, Ohio River, Cincinnati.

Mike Washenko 09-27-2016 02:49 PM

They're trying to fund the government for the next fiscal year, nothing else is going to get accomplished until they do it.

Denny Hamilton 09-28-2016 03:33 PM

Would it be possible to post what Mr. Martin had to say in his letter to S&D?

R. Dale Flick 09-28-2016 05:57 PM

*Posting Mr. Martin's letter at S&D*
Steamboating colleagues:
Hi, Denny. Good question and I don't know. It was our Jo Ann Schoen who had the copy and read it to the general membership meeting at S&D that Saturday morning. She has the copy but I would suggest she could excerpt it as she posts on Steamboats.org in addition to working her fingers to the bone on the DELTA QUEEN initiative.

Another good speaker on the DQ that weekend was our Mike Washenko as you know from the above. Mr. Martin's letter/communication was concise and to the point. Sharing his words in a public forum may or may not be a formal document on his part. I don't know but Jo Ann does tune in here frequently. Cheers!

R. Dale Flick Old Coal Haven Landing, Ohio River, Cincinnati.