Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

DELTA QUEEN trivia.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2015, 02:00 PM

Default DELTA QUEEN trivia.

So this questions was posed on Facebook, but I know there are some very knowledgeable folks here on the DELTA QUEEN who do not use facebook and I wanted to give them a chance to try and shed some light on this question.

Does anyone know the reason why Tom Greene didn't rename the DELTA QUEEN? Seems like most of the other steamers they bought second hand received a family name with "Greene" somehow incorporated. The DELTA QUEEN retained her name and has become a brand all of her own. She even retained her original whistle....a feat few steamers can claim. I know Tom Greene tried a few other whistles on her, but always went back to that big ole Lunkenheimer we all love so well. So does anyone know...whats in a name?