Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

Wondering how things went at the Reunion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2010, 07:18 AM

Default Just my view

I looked forward to this Reunion for months, being so amazed that it was possible -- being together again on the DQ with these crew members that we all loved in our traveling days. I can truly say that the experience was even better than I could have imagined. I never stopped smiling! It was indeed like a DQ trip, even though the scenery didn't change. It remained the beautiful Chattanooga view.

I loved everything -- the shows, the story-telling sessions, the music in the Texas Lounge, the Captain's Dinner, and just visiting with everyone. Leaving would have been much harder if I didn't know we will do this again at the end of March. In my years traveling on the DQ, I always had another trip booked when it came time to get off the boat -- except the last DQ trip, obviously. So it felt happily "normal" to say goodbye to everyone this time and say, "see you in four months."

Charlene made it all happen! How grateful I am that she was able to do this and that I could be there! In February of 2009, to my amazement, I could walk onto the DQ again. Now we had the entertainers and the Captains onboard with us. Who could have thought this would be possible!!! Thanks so much, Charlene!