Steamboats.org Homepage  
  not logged in.
           forgot password?

Looking for a DQ Tour Guide

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2009, 05:26 AM

Default Looking for a DQ Tour Guide

For the last 6 months I've had the chance to come back to our beloved boat and help her through her very difficult transistion from a moving boat to docked botel. Bill, Laura and I worked together to come up with a tour of the vessel that includes going from the engine room to the pilot house with a ton of history included. They left on July 28th, and now I'm leaving Thursday.

I have a volunteer who will be taking over tours on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, but is out of town 9/9 through the 19th.

Is there a steamboater that would like to come on board to help handle the tours. Do you live close to Chattanooga? Do you love this old boat like so many of us do? A small stipen will be paid for your time that will help cover the cost of fuel. Do you have a friend in the area you could contact? If interested, please contact the Delta Queen Hotel at 423-468-4500 and let Sydney Slome know your interest.

FYI all you FRNS - The idea of leaving my home onboard this boat just about breaks my heart, but life goes on. I WILL BE BACK for the FRNS group that is coming 9/10 thru 14. I have reservations for the 11th and 12th so I'll get to see a few DQ friends. I went through the list of people coming and I am so excited.

Also, Ms Pat is off the Windstar. I'm trying to talk her into coming and sharing a bunk room with me, but don't know yet. She lives 3 hours west of me, and then I'm about 2.5 hours west of Chattanooga, so we'll see.