Message Boards

Message Boards (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/)
-   Save the DELTA QUEEN (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/save-delta-queen/)
-   -   Pitmans disconnected?? What's up?? (http://www.steamboats.org/forum/save-delta-queen/2919-pitmans-disconnected-whats-up.html)

Judy Patsch 04-11-2009 11:24 AM

Puzzle answer

Guaranteed buyout if boat is sold and moved prior to a certain time.

Shipyard Sam 04-11-2009 05:33 PM

Huh? Sorry, but I'm more confused than before. Who gets the guarantee? The hotel people? MAL? What happens if the DQ "hotel" becomes a desirable destination and folks are driving 300 miles only to find it's been sold and headed down the river? There's something fishy about the whole setup from this perspective.

Capt Mike 04-17-2009 03:10 PM

the dq

I'm going up to the Delta Queen ,with my wife Myra, former Chief purser, very soon, and I can't help but say I get angry hearing some folks pontificate about the boat they worked on for a couple of seasons, prescribing a course of action to save the boat... I suppose we all love the old Boat, and have fond memories, and I too, hold her very close to my heart, a quarter of a century's worth... Some of our destinies are inextricably entwined with the Delta Queen and will eventually be revealed...

Bruno Krause 04-19-2009 06:48 PM

Why are some seen as [B][I]pontificating[/I][/B] because they are trying ideas, any ideas, to save this inanimate object that we all so cherish? Maybe some did only work for a few years on the Legendary One, why is that a disqualifier?... Frankly, even people that only worked for a few years on the boat are a hellava lot luckier than me, and I feel their abbreviated work schedule makes them no less ambitious and enthusiastic for saving our DQ than the old timers...I consider myself extremely lucky for my experiences...but I don't qualify in my enthusiasm in your eyes, do I? We missed you in Madison this weekend, Deb and I are in Ashtabula, [B][I]as we speak[/I][/B], re-enjoying the friendship shown to us, the wayward New Yorkers, this weekend...

I think a deep breath is in order, my friend...and I shudder at what you have probably said about my posts...you have something to reveal? We've all been waiting, since the first time you mentioned this...

Lexie Palmore 04-20-2009 04:32 PM

Especially those who have spent thousands of their hard earned $ to ride the DQ year after year. They can pontificate to the moon as far as I am concerned. Viva Ann Zeiger, the best pontificator of all.

Bruno Krause 04-20-2009 05:19 PM

Amen...

My friend Ruthie comes to mind as do my friends from St Louis, Rock Island, the Catskills, and Marco Island, and yes a few couples from Calyfornie, a bunch from Cincy and one or two from Louisville...Deb and I don't come close to qualifying as the all time DQ groupies in terms of money forked over, but I will say that we spent more money on the old gal than Capt. Tom did buying her...wait, am I [B][I]preaching[/I][/B] to the choir here? Is it possible that paying passengers have a passion, too, maybe a vision, a dream, a hope?

Geeze, Deb and I spent more on the Delta Queen Sundeck Starboard than the mortgage on our first house in 1978...Pluhease, let all of us get a grip here, this isn't a [B][I]we[/I][/B] versus [B][I]them[/I][/B] scenerio...

Capt Mike 04-21-2009 12:55 PM

the dq

Bruno, call me at home and I'll tell you why, JoAnne has my cell number...